FSSolutions’ Lisa Busse, Director, Client Relations and Onboarding presented FMCSA Clearinghouse MRO Responsibilities during the GAPT Georgia Association for Pupil Transportation fall administrators workshop.
How will MROs use the Clearinghouse?
Medical Review Officers (MROs) are required to report the following violations in the Clearinghouse:
- Verified positive, adulterated, or substituted controlled substances test results
- Refusal-to-test determinations for controlled substances tests
These must be reported within two days of making the verification or determination. The MRO must report any changes of a verified drug test within one business day of making any changes to the reported results.
What information will MROs be required to provide when reporting a determination or verification?
- Reason for the test
- Federal Drug Testing Chain of Custody Form (CCF) Specimen ID Number
- Driver’s name, date of birth, and CDL number and State of issuance. Note: A driver’s social security number (SSN) or employee identification number (EIN) may not be used.
- Employer’s name, address, and USDOT Number, if applicable
- Date of the test and date of the verified result
- Test result
See All News & Events